barre

The Surprising Reason Lena Dunham Took Down Her Recent Instagram Photo

Photo: Getty Images

Photo: Getty Images

 mimi-logo-il6.jpg

Early yesterday morning, Lena Dunham posted a photo of herself in her boyfriend’s boxers, and the body-shaming that followed was swift. Dunham took down the post — but not for the reason you might think.

“I just deleted a pic of me in my boyfriend’s underwear,” she writes in the below Instagram. “Just an FYI, I don’t delete because I’m ashamed of my body- I delete because certain pics become hot beds for negativity. You think I want a teenager visiting my page and seeing a zillion comments about how fat I am? No, because that is hurtful to any person struggling, comparing, contrasting.”


Dunham is clearly being considerate to teens who might project negative comments onto their own bodies, and judging from the feedback on her new photo, fans are thrilled.

“I’m very appreciative of your contribution to young women’s body acceptance and our feminist struggle for equality,” one fan writes. “Thank you.”

This article originally appeared on MIMIchatter.com.

popsugarblack_small.jpg MIMI Chatter is an endless stream of beauty content. We bring together the must-knows and the how-tos from your favorite sites, beauty influencers, our editors, and YOU.



from Health News / Tips & Trends / Celebrity Health http://ift.tt/1U1dTY3

Aucun commentaire: